Southern Bancorp Community Partners, Inc., CDFI loan fund and financial development company is looking to hire a President to oversee the operations of the company. Would you please post the link below to the CDFI Connect – Job Board?
The job posting and more information about the Southern Bancorp family of companies can be found at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=4e5c7a98-37bc-4044-844b-e9b5effa169a&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US
Company: Southern Bancorp Community Partners (SBCP)
Location: Little Rock, AR
The President, in partnership with the Southern Bancorp Community Partners (SBCP) Board of Directors (Board) and the SBI CEO, is responsible for the overall success and sustainability of SBCP through the development and implementation of the strategic plan. This position leads and directs the day-to-day management and financial oversight to continue to meet organizational goals.
Southern Bancorp Community Partners - Together, the Board and President ensure SBCP's alignment with the larger Southern mission, vision and goals. The President is responsible for the day-to-day management decisions and implementation of the long and short term goals of SBCP.
Mission, Policy and Planning
• Works with the overall Southern leadership team and the board of directors from each Southern entity, to help establish vision, mission and goals of Southern.
• Oversees the creation and implementation of SBCP strategies and programs that further the vision, mission and goals of Southern.
• Helps the SBCP Board monitor and evaluate the impact of SBCP's programs.
• Ensures proper alignment of SBCP activities with the overall vision, mission and goals of Southern.
• Helps the Board establish necessary policies and procedures to accomplish its mission.
• Keeps the Board fully informed on the condition of SBCP and all important factors influencing it, including identifying problems and opportunities and addressing them, bringing those that are appropriate to the Board and/or its committees.
Management and Administration
• Oversees the complete operation of SBCP in accordance with the direction established by the Board.
• Serves as chief development officer ensuring an effective financial development program.
• Serves as chief development officer raising loan capital, grants, and equity necessary to support an effective Community Development
Financial Institution (CDFI) loan fund, lending program.
• Provides direct supervision, guidance and evaluation to the SBCP's staff.
• Oversees all fiscal activities of SBCP including budgeting, reporting, audit, and compliance.
• Develops SBCP staffing, resources and external relationships to accomplish established objectives with focus on both margin and mission.
• Oversees the overall financial management of SBCP ensuring that the organization is operated in a financially responsible and sustainable manner.
• Ensures processes and procedures are in place and followed to select, develop, motivate, and evaluate all staff.
Other Duties and Responsibilities (SBCP)
• Represents Southern at CDFI and other industry related conferences, in professional associations, and at other public venues.
• Develops thought leadership around specific topics/emerging issues related to the larger Southern mission.
• Serves as a member of the overall Southern Bancorp family of companies' leadership team, reporting to the SBI CEO.
• Completes all required training.
• Performs other duties as directed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in business, law, economics, social work or related field.
• Seven (7) plus years progressively increasing responsibility in management and executive role
• People management, financial acumen, excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Comfortable delivering presentations frequently to large and diverse audiences
• An advanced degree business, law, economics, social work or related field
• Three (3) years experience in leadership of a community development financial institution (CDFI) or similar financial preferred
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, to talk, and to hear. The employee must occasionally stand and walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision. The employee may be required to lift or move up to 10 pounds occasionally.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be able to travel including some overnight stay.
Southern is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Darrin L. Williams, CEO
501.537.1193 (fax) image001.png@01D3CB37.1201BD20">
Click here to learn more about our community impact.
The Small Business Finance community is generously supported by