Thank you for being part of the CDFI Connect® Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using CDFI Connect®, you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines. You also agree to post discussions and share files and other content that is relevant to the Community. This Community is intended to be a collaborative environment—a platform with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members. We value input and comments from all Community members.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments and/or posted materials are strictly prohibited and can by removed from the community by the Community Manager.
- Respect the purpose of the Community. Use the Community as a collaborative environment to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. If you have found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. If you are a product or service provider, feel free to share information with the community, but do not solicit your services on the Community. There can be a fine line between helping someone answer a question and pitching an event, product, publication, or service. Contributions should enrich community discussion more than they promote an individual or business. Respect the purpose of the community by not using it as a marketing channel.
- Information posted in the discussions and libraries of each general and special interest community is available for all users in that community to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in CDFI Connect® Community, please indicate if the item is not available for using or sharing outside the Community. It is also advisable to contact the owner of any material that you would like to use or share outside the Community.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate community versus blanketing many or all communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise." Please note that OFN reserves the right to delete posts shared in multiple communities and/or to move a post to the most relevant community.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate other Community users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
If OFN identifies that a post has violated a community guideline, OFN reserves the right to take the following actions:
First time: OFN will reach out to the user and explain how the content violated one or more community guidelines. OFN may edit or remove the post at their discretion, and may provide suggestions, if appropriate, for adapting the post to conform to community guidelines.
Second time: OFN will edit or remove the post as needed. OFN will notify the poster of the violation and alert them to the consequences of further violations. The user may be subject to a 6-month period of direct moderation by and will require approval before posting to discussions.
Third time: OFN will edit or remove the post as needed. OFN will reach out to the poster to notify them of the violation. The user may be subject to a period of further account moderation or suspension from the platform for 12 months.
If you run into something or someone on the platform which you believe is not adhering to these guidelines, please let us know at email@example.com.
Full site terms and conditions are available here.