Thank you for being part of the CDFI Connect® Community. To ensure the best possible experience for all users, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using CDFI Connect® (“Site” or “Community”), you agree that you have read and will follow these guidelines. You also agree to post discussions and share files and other content that is relevant to the Community. This Community is intended to be a collaborative environment—a platform with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions about the guidelines or using the Site, contact the Community Manager. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate access to this Community for anyone who violates these guidelines.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members.
- All members of the Community have different opinions, skills, and experience. We value input and comments from all Community members. There is no such thing as a stupid question.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments and/or posted materials are strictly prohibited and can by removed from the community by the Community Manager.
- Do not post anything that you would not want other community users to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect the purpose of the Community. Use the Community as a collaborative environment to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals.
- Use caution when discussing products or services. If you have found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way. If you are a product or service provider, feel free to share information with the community about the services you provide, but do not solicit your services on the Community
- Information posted in the discussions and libraries of each general and special interest community is available for all users in that community to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in CDFI Connect® Community, please indicate if the item is not available for using or sharing outside the Community. It is also advisable to contact the owner of any material that you would like to use or share outside the Community.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities versus blanketing many or all communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate other Community users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
This site is provided as a service for the Members, Allies, and partners of Opportunity Finance Network. Opportunity Finance Network is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties, implied or otherwise, with regard to information or services posted on this site, whether posted by Opportunity Finance Network or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall Opportunity Finance Network be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Posting defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal comments and/or materials is strictly prohibited. All posts and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Opportunity Finance Network and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate other CDFI Connect® Community users to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Opportunity Finance Network does not actively monitor the Site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, if any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Opportunity Finance Network we will take all appropriate action, including removal of posting information and/or appropriate user sanctions.
Opportunity Finance Network reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us, including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our Community service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition, other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information regarding this Site or its use, please contact us using the Contact Us page.