Friedman Associates is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) consulting firm of senior-level industry professionals. We are relentlessly dedicated to building the financial and intellectual capacity of nonprofit lenders. We create the infrastructure for new loan funds and train staff in best practices; design growth strategies for increased scale and impact; and develop sophisticated capitalization plans. We have extensive experience in writing CDFI certification applications and TA, FA and CMF applications. Our core competencies include:
• Develop new CDFIs - from operations, loan fund management, staff training, etc.
• Deep dive analysis of loan fund performance and impact
• Creation of Financial Products and Development Services
• Business plans to guide growth and sustainability
• Capitalization plans: financial model with a dynamic set of projections and
growth scenarios to translate your goals into specific targets for growth.
• Developing metrics to measure program performance and impact.
• Strategic planning and Board Development.
• Counsel and/or writing government applications for funding .
Current and past clients include the Cleveland Foundation, NW Capital, Northwest Area Foundation, U.S. Small Business Administration, New Jersey Community Loan Fund, Invest Detroit, Grameen USA, Lutheran Housing Services, National Association of Latino Asset Builders, Hacienda CDC, National Community Reinvestment Coalition (NCRC), Accion Texas, and the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations (MACDC).