Job Title: Closing Officer
Reports to: Vice President OCFC
The Closing Officer will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and compliance of OCFC’s loan closings. The position requires maintaining working relationships with internal stakeholders and external organizations including borrowers; attorneys; title companies; other financial institutions; governmental agencies; vendors; and peers in the field of community development.
Work Experience:3-5 years’ experience in loan closings, in relation to affordable housing and/or CDFI loans
Essential Job Functions:
- Efficiently manage the loan closing process in a timely manner using proprietary software ensuring conformance to approved terms
- Create and maintain closing checklist
- Manage collection and review of closing due diligence
- Maintain and follow all loan policies and procedures
- Manage applications, awards and compliance records associated with the FHLB’s Affordable Housing Program
- Assist President with upper tier loan closings and due diligence
- Support underwriting and due diligence of Loan Officers
- Provide operational support to OCFC team members
- Manage and coordinate with legal counsel
- Utilize OCFC’s loan management software (TEA 10)
Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field preferred, including paralegal
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
About Ohio Capital Finance Corporation and Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing:
- - Candidate must have strong analytical skills with the ability of multitasking. The candidate must be familiar with CDFI Fund programs. Professional and excellent communication skills displayed when interacting with clients and during closing presentations or calls. Candidate must display outstanding problem solving and negotiating skills.
- - Candidate must have strong analytical skills with the ability of multitasking. The candidate should be familiar with CDFI Fund programs and the non-profit industry. The candidate must display knowledge and techniques in negotiating and building relationships.
- - Position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to articulate complex matters in a clear, concise, and relevant manner.
- - Required technical skills include MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Teams, etc.
- - To be successful, one must be highly organized; be highly productive; be able to work independently (but within the context of a team). Maintaining high quality standards with work product is required, despite the fast-pace and high volume of work performed. Must be able to prioritize duties, follow through, and meet deadlines.
- - The successful candidate will embrace the opportunity to continually grow and push oneself to continuously improve.
Ohio Capital Finance Corporation is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) located in Columbus Ohio. With total assets under management of over $130 million. OCFC provides loan products and services to assist in the production, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable housing and community Development.
OCFC is an affiliate of Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing, which is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit corporation based in Columbus, Ohio, that works with private and public developers to create affordable housing opportunities. Since its inception, OCCH has raised over $5.5 billion in private capital and invested in over 50,000 units of affordable housing in over 800 developments.
OCFC and OCCH’s mission are at the heart of everything we do. Our shared core values are our building blocks and foundation. When we live our values of: Collaboration & Communication, Respect, Expertise, Accountability, Trust, Innovation, Inclusion & Growth, we are CREATING our future success. Ideal candidates will be passionate about our mission and exhibit our core values with a commitment to continuous improvement and growth.
OCFC/OCCH is an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunity is not only good practice - it is the law and applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion and demotion, termination, compensation, and benefits. As an equal opportunity employer, OCFC/OCCH prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic expression, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Raymara Reeves at RReeves@occh.org